Special Counsel for Special Situations
Weiss Burkardt Kramer attorneys are often called upon to serve as special counsel for public sector clients requiring a depth of experience in a particular area of the law such as special education and local taxation, a “second opinion” on a difficult legal matter, or representation in litigation. We represent dozens of public entities in our role as special counsel.
As special counsel, we strive to meet client needs while respecting existing attorney-client relationships.
We are experienced in:
- Assisting school districts in preparing for special education due process hearings, including exhibit and witness preparation and representation at informal hearings
- Representing school districts in school discipline hearings
- Implementing county real estate assessments
- Residential and commercial tax assessment appeals
- Mediations, arbitrations, and unemployment compensation hearings, as well as in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
- Advising clients filing for municipal tax increases
Our attorneys are admitted to the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.