Challenged to Conduct a County-Wide Property Reassessment? We partner with counties across the Commonwealth to meet these challenges to bring their assessment practices up to date with the Supreme Court Decision in the Clifton v. Allegheny County case, updating their assessment process and presenting it to property owners in a way that taxpayers can understand.
Call us today to reach an attorney to
- avoid potential time-consuming process errors
- engage and educate all necessary parties including taxpayers through a comprehensive communications program
- create an effective and efficient appeals process
- train local staff to conduct future reassessments
Download our strategic Property Reassessment Solution package for more information!
We help taxing jurisdictions to project realistic revenues anticipated from tax collections. We successfully challenged the tax assessment system in Allegheny County in the landmark case of Clifton v. Allegheny County, which declared the base year system in Allegheny County unconstitutional.
Weiss Burkardt Kramer also has an experienced Delinquent Tax Collection Department that has served dozens of Western Pennsylvania school districts and municipalities for a decade, successfully collecting delinquent and real estate taxes using both assumpsit actions and sheriff sales.
When you work with Weiss Burkardt Kramer you will have a dedicated account manager -– the same person every time — who knows your account and your taxpayers.
We Reclaim Revenue
- A recent client saw their collections increase from $40,000 a month to $100,000 a month. And because the law places responsibility for the costs of collection, there is no cost to the client, just increased revenue.
- For more than 10 years, we have instituted efficient and effective delinquent tax collection programs in many school districts and have successfully implemented interim assessment processes. The result: hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional revenue to those districts utilizing the tools available under existing Pennsylvania law.
- Over the past few years we have assisted our client districts with over a dozen sales of unused and unnecessary buildings.
- In the forefront of litigation on exemption cases, we have also successfully challenged improper assessment practices.