445 Fort Pitt Blvd., Suite 503
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone – 412-391-9890
Fax – 412-391-9685
Hobart J. “Hobie” Webster joined Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC as an associate in July 2015. Hobie is an experienced public sector litigator who has a deep understanding of the operations and procedures of local, state, and federal government.
Before joining WBK, Hobie worked in the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General in Harrisburg. Prior to that, he served as Special Assistant to the Chief of Staff & Legislative Correspondent for the late U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg and as a Legal Intern for U.S. Sen. Bob Casey on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
Other career highlights include:
- Representing the interest of consumers before state and federal courts, regulatory agencies, Congress, and the Pennsylvania General Assembly while with the Office of Attorney General;
- Advising on veterans’ affairs, appropriations, national security, energy, and environmental legislation, and conducting investigations for U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg on Capitol Hill;
- Counseling on real estate and public finance matters as a Legal Intern in the Authorities Division of the Allegheny County Department of Economic Development;
- Serving U.S. Sen. Bob Casey as a Legal Intern on his economic development, transportation, and appropriations team in his Washington, DC office;
- Assisting with federal civil, construction, and contract litigation as a Law Clerk in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Office of Counsel; and
- Working on legislative and regulatory matters as a Fellow in the public policy practice of one of the largest multinational law firms in Washington, DC.
Hobie received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and graduated cum laude from Northern Michigan University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and served as student body president. He is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.